Expedition Unknown
Add Reply
George
2019-06-28 02:03:37 UTC
Currently on our TVs here.
Some archaeologist wandering about S America with some odd claims and
an impatience belied by the obvious foot prints in a 'new area' he;s
never been in before.
I give it 3 out of 10

---
JTEM
2019-06-28 02:37:44 UTC
Post by George
Currently on our TVs here.
Some archaeologist wandering about S America with some odd claims and
an impatience belied by the obvious foot prints in a 'new area' he;s
never been in before.
I give it 3 out of 10
It's mostly hype -- like 99% hype -- which is 1% less than just
about everything else. Ironically, Josh has made some spectacular
finds over the years, but I always felt they were eclipsed by the
hype or masked under the "Let Down" of never finding a Werewolf
or Bigfoot...

Like what?

Like the incredibly-rare-to-the-point-of-supposedly-being-extinct
bear in South America. The shipwreck off the coast of Australia.
Some way-before-modern bone finds in Eastern Europe.

Wait. I'm confusing the different series. Josh did a lot of them, but
they all had their moments...

One of my favorites was his trip to Antarctica. Mesmerizing.

"Surreal," actually.

All the fake "Ghost" nonsense was getting in the way!

And if it was real, another discovery was the anomaly in his devil's
triangle investigation... what island was that?

Oh!

https://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/josh-gates-destination-truth/episode-8-season-2/peruvian-beast-and-the-mysterious-bermuda-triangle/1060829/

So the show is entertaining, it's occasionally quite interesting and,
well, it's competition is awful. So as bad as you want to make out
Josh to be, he is the best right now.

What's his competition, "Ancient Aliens"?

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/185895246187
George
2019-06-28 20:14:24 UTC
On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 19:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
Post by JTEM
Post by George
[...]
His main claim to fame is that he is an 'archaeologist'
Nothing like the investigative nonce of such training shows through.
And I thought the Bermuda triangle was somewhat watery :)
And somewhat immune to spade and trowel

---
JTEM
2019-06-28 22:54:40 UTC
Post by George
His main claim to fame is that he is an 'archaeologist'
Nothing like the investigative nonce of such training shows through.
We don't see it in a lot of academic "Archaeology," either.
Post by George
And I thought the Bermuda triangle was somewhat watery :)
And somewhat immune to spade and trowel
Judge the show by the show.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/185915407253