Pharaoh Akhenaten married his own mother
JTEM
2010-07-28 08:50:22 UTC
So I tried this once before, and I failed to so much
as draw a single person into a non-biblical
discussion. Anyhow, I'll try again, and this time I'll
sweeten the deal by adding a little of the evidence
I held back on.

See, I had hoped by withholding evidence it might
encourage people to respond -- if for no other reason
than to demand some of the evidence.

Anyhow, the most obvious piece of evidence isn't
evidence at all, it's logic.

Well, "Common Sense."

The thing is, the role taken my Nefertiti during the
Amarna period was already filled by Queen Tiye.
She had to be enormously influential -- POWERFUL --
during the reign of Amenhotep III, Akhenaten's
father, as (or so I'm told) she was depicted equal in
stature to her husband the king. And, of course, there
is her mention in the Amarna Letters, further suggesting
a woman of great influence (i.e. "Power").

It's just plain idiotic to think that a woman who, in
one sense or another, ruled Egypt would simply toss
it all aside. Secondly, there's the inertia of power.

See, when a certain person "Rules" in a society
like ancient egypt, what happens is that they end
up placing a lot of people into positions with titles
or significant financial rewards. Put another way:

Everyone in positions beneath the ruling monarch
owe their position to that ruling monarch. A new
monarch means that their position is in jeopardy.

"A new broom sweep clean."

So it would be unusual for a woman to have obtained
the power that a Queen Tiye was supposed to have
obtained to throw it all away, and it would be unusual
for a court to ever desire it. So all the momentum,
if you will, would be behind Queen Tiye sticking
around and ruling.

Now this post is already too long, but let me wet
your whistle with some physical evidence....

The famous bust of Nefertiti, the Berlin bust:

Anyhow, a close examination reveals that the
artists who made the bust painted on face &
neck wrinkles. They did not depict a young
woman, but an older, wrinkled woman.

NOTE: The dating is so "iffy" for the Amarna
period that it's not stretch to say that Queen
Tiye and Nefertiti "vanish" at the same time.
Day Brown
2010-07-29 06:08:12 UTC
Velikovsky, of all people, wrote "Oedipus & Akhnaton", in which he shows
the Greek myth was based on the life of the pharoah. "Oedipus" means
'fat leg', which the pharoah had. He also married his mom, and had two
boys and two girls.

From what Velikovsky has to say, it seems like Amenhotep III was a
cross dressing faggot who married a boondock mayor's daughter just to
piss off the royal family.

I'd be interested to see the DNA data, cause it looks to me like Queen
Tiy cuckholded Amenhotep. In any case, the record is when he was born,
he was hustled out of town on the night camel train to Damascus. Not
that different from Oedipus.

And, if you recall, at the time, Damascus was a cross roads of the
North/South Frankincense trade and the East/West Silk Road. Merchants in
town would've been exposed to the claims of myriads of gods, so it is
perfectly reasonable that these free spirits would conclude there is
only one god.

We would not be surprised if a faggot pharaoh let his 'wife' run the
family business. And after he dies, for her to send for her Damascus
educated son, who brings monotheism with. And since it was the priests
of Amon who hustled him out of town, he'd like to get back at them and
setup a new power system.

And after he dies, just as in the play, there's a power sharing
agreement that breaks down into civil war.
JTEM
2010-07-29 07:18:51 UTC
Post by Day Brown
Velikovsky, of all people, wrote "Oedipus &
Akhnaton", in which he shows the Greek myth
was based on the life of the pharoah.
Though I'm intrigued by the thought of him
experiencing a more lucid moment, I have to
doubt his conclusion.

The story of Oedipus is a story about Hubris --
a tale with a moral, a lesson.

Oedipus' parents thought they could out-smart
the gods, avoid what had been divinely decreed,
and in so doing brought ruin upon themselves
and their son.

: From what Velikovsky has to say, it seems
: like Amenhotep III was a cross dressing
: faggot who married a boondock mayor's daughter
: just to piss off the royal family.

You're one huge bag of insecurities, and your
personal doubts really are contagious.
Elijahovah
2010-07-29 09:44:40 UTC
Any king of any country who marries the great mother
had probably been given his reign in the year of Venus.
The immoral fornicators are always the ones to take language
and twist it later on to justify their own sexual conduct
as less sin than great men of fame before them.

Thus they cannot see Jupiter and Mars in conjunction
but greatly desire to see two famed men as gods
in a sexual relationship.
It is also not beyond some Christians in obsessed
thoughts of sex envisioned in graphic sick ways to
hate themselves and justify their hate of such flaw
within them to then graphically accuse the pagans
of doing such stuff when in fact not all pagans did such stuff
but rather these Christians were likewise twisting words
fo record so as to make pagans more guilty of sex
than the perverted thoughts of the Christian writer
condemning what is truly astral records and n ot
acts of sexual intercourse. Thus pagans who excused
immoral sex thru false interpretation of their own astral records
of intercourse, and Christians who likewise needed a source to
blame for hating their own private immoral thoughts and
likewise condemn what are astral records and not sex.

This does not say the sex never took place, but rather
points out the lies of both pagans and Christians to
point with salving excuse or condemning accusation.
The loss is ours because such astral intercourse are
genesis dates that lock in Flood year and Flood dates
and the rate of plunging longevity.
JTEM
2019-05-04 20:43:08 UTC
Post by Elijahovah
Any king of any country who marries the great mother
had probably been given his reign in the year of Venus.
The immoral fornicators are always the ones to take language
and twist it later on to justify their own sexual conduct
as less sin than great men of fame before them.
It might not have been sexual -- who knows? -- and it very
likely would have been his mom's idea. If Queen Tiye is
Nefertiti, which I believe is true, she chose the name to avoid
any of the moral finger wagging. By changing her name she
changed her, at least to the Egyptians.

...this was the days before TV. Seriously. They hear a new
queen's name, it's a new a queen. End of story.

THAT SAID, I very well have been too hasty is dismissing the
"Oedipus & Akhenaton" theory. It's logical. But that's the
problem: It's logic and NOT evidence! It doesn't support the
notion that Akhenaton married Tiye, it's reliant upon it!

See what I mean?

And, oh; father/daughter marriages were a thing, it's easy to
imagine a king, living his whole life above the law, above the
societal norms of the "Little People" not seeing a difference
between father/daughter and mother/son.

Also: Allowing for some wild speculation, what if the break
from the Amon cult was a result from their failure to
sanction the marriage? That would be plenty of motive to
move from a religious experiment to a religious revolt!

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/26550325439
George
2019-05-05 20:13:56 UTC
On Sat, 4 May 2019 13:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
Post by JTEM
Post by Elijahovah
[...]
There is a saying about 'keeping it in the family'

---
JTEM
2019-05-05 22:31:51 UTC
Post by George
There is a saying about 'keeping it in the family'
Even today all of Europe's so-called "royals" are inbred.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/184659225253